Monday, May 12, 2014

Weekend Update

It seems like Monday comes around quicker and quicker each week....

Friday:
I mentioned in my Five on Friday post that I'd be catching up on Game of Thrones all weekend.  And that's exactly what I did Friday night.  I finished Season 2 this weekend and cannot wait to begin Season 3!  Another highlight of Friday -- picking up some gorgeous flowers at Trader Joe's for my bar cart to enjoy through the weekend.



Saturday:
I slept in after staying up way too late happily watching Game of Thrones.  After easing in to my morning while watching the latest Fashion Police and drinking my new favorite coffee, 2 girlfriends came over for a fun day in the sun!  We sat out by the pool and I opened my bottle of Domaine Carneros rose I picked up a couple years ago from my Napa trip -- I saved it for the perfect day.  After a little {understatement...I should know better by now!} sun, we headed to Shoal Creek Saloon for some crawfish before the season ended!  We watched the end of the draft and now I'm counting down the days until football begins!

my new favorite coffee -- it makes the BEST iced coffees and tastes like New Orleans in a cup.  You can also make hot coffee, but I haven't tried it that way yet.  I got mine at Central Market, but check out there website here to see where you can get it in your city.  So worth it!

nommmm. And Shiner Ruby Red Bird beer is finally available -- summer can officially begin!


Sunday:
We celebrated Mother's Day with Scott's family -- southern fried chicken and enjoyed the mild day outside on their patio.  It was second best to being with my mom  -- my parents took a weekend trip to see some friends, and when I talked to her, it sounded like they had a blast!  The afternoon was followed by more Game of Thrones watching {since the sun was the last thing I needed to be around!} and an evening of cooking dinner and Mad Men watching.

It's going to be a busy week for me, but looking forward to it!  Have a great one!  xo!

No comments:

Post a Comment