Friday, May 9, 2014

Five on Friday



Hey y'all!  Happy Friday!  I decided today would be the best time to join the Five on Friday for the first time!  Thanks to the hosts for keeping this going a.liz adventures, carolina charm, hello! happiness and the good life blog!  

1.  theSkimm


I recently became a Super Skimm'bassador for theSkimm.  I get to help spread the word around Austin the rest of Texas and my fabulous blog friends!  Haven't heard of it?  theSkimm newsletter arrives in your inbox at 6am M-F.  It covers all news – Ukraine to George Clooney getting hitched – in a smart, witty way and gives what you need to jump into any conversation. Basically – they read, you Skimm.  Sign up here today!  It has become my morning addiction and I promise it will become yours, too!

2.  Game of Thrones

Y'all.  I'm obsessed.  Typically I'm not a fan of this time period and the bits and pieces I had seen over the years did not interest me at all.  Starting from Season 1, Episode 1 has done the trick.  Although it can be a bit gruesome at times, I can't stop watching.  This weekend you can find me on the couch wishing I could be Daenerys Targaryen (no spoilers that I may end up changing my mind as I continue watching!)



3.  My mini garden

This spring I decided to plant some flowers on my porch.  Living in an apartment is so difficult -- especially on the second floor.  All I want is some grass to plant some flowers and veggies in!  I went the planter box route and I have to say I'm loving it!  In the planter boxes are hot pink geraniums and in the pots are snapdragons (that have since died since this photo), pink dahlias (which have died twice since this photo...but the next round is starting to bloom) and sunflowers (which still look the same, just a bit taller.  How long does it take for them to start blooming?)  Anyway, as you can tell, I don't have a green thumb, but practice makes perfect for the day when I have a yard?



4.  Bon Appetit's List of Official Foods in {Nearly} Every State

Check it out here!

Because I love food.  (In fact, as soon as I'm done writing this, I'm going upstairs for breakfast taco Friday.) Spot on with Texas's -- chips and salsa.  Yes, please!

{picture from the Bon Appetit article for Texas!}


5.  Summer plans?

Now that summer is quickly approaching {or more appropriately has already arrived in Texas...}, I'm itching to plan a long-weekend vacay!  Any good beach recommendations?  I grew up going to Galveston/Crystal Beach in the summers, so right now that's first on the list -- but open to other suggestions!

Hope you have a great weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment