Friday, May 16, 2014

Five on Friday



Hey y'all!  Happy Friday!  As always, thanks to the hosts a.liz adventurescarolina charmhello! happiness and the good life blog!  

{one}
After a long week with something to do every night this week, I'm looking forward to a relaxing Friday night catching up on laundry and the season finales of most of my favorite shows.  Preparing to cry during the Grey's Anatomy finale {yep, I most definitely still watch it!} as Cristina leaves!  The rest of my weekend consists of some fun family time and enjoying the warm sunshine weather before it gets too hot!

{two}

One of the highlights of this week was getting to go to the Governor's mansion for the first time!  It was a small gathering for his A&M scholarship fund, but I was just excited to see what the inside looked like!  It was very pretty -- but just as you'd expect from an old historic building.  As we were first arriving, his new puppy was running around the yard and he was having to go get it to bring it back into the house.  It made me laugh at how normal he actually is!  You forget these things sometimes.  The puppy was adorable, too!



{three}

I finished my Junior League of Austin provisional year!  It was definitely a crazy busy year, but I've learned so much about our community and the programs we help with.  I can't wait until the fall as my placement begins with the Sustainable Food Center.  I'll be working the tasting booth at their farmer's market Saturday mornings!  I get to gather samples from all the booths and let the shoppers have a taste of all the different products -- which means I'll also get to do some sampling. :)  Looking forward to doing some shopping myself and having fresh fruits and veggies all year!

{four}

Did you participate in theSkimm day yesterday?  If not, you still can!  Sign up here!

As someone that works in PR, I tend to focus on state and my client's industry news -- this is the perfect way to read all about what is going on in the US & the world in a smart, quick and witty way.  

Ryan Gosling wants you to.  




{five}

I spent a little too much time this week taking Buzzfeed quizzes.  Those things suck you in! Here are a few of my faves:

Which Mario Kart Character Should You Actually Play With?  (Wario)

Which Hunger Games District Do You Belong In?  (District 10...)

Which Game of Thrones Character Are You?  (Daenerys Targaryen.  Duh.)

Which London Underground Station Are You?  (Camden Town -- can't say I've been to that stop before!)

Which TV Friend Group Do You Belong In?    (How I Met Your Mother.  I guess I should add that to the list of shows to start watching!)


Have a great weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment