Friday, June 6, 2014

Five on Friday




Hey hey! Happy Friday y'all!  As always, thanks to the hosts a.liz adventurescarolina charmhello! happiness and the good life blog!

{one}

The X-Games have arrived in Austin!  They set up last night's ramp one block from my office, but right in front of Scott's!  He and some other offices in his building had a get together on the top floor with the balcony to watch!  Luckily there was also a TV because you had to literally look straight down.  No, thanks.  I had someone else take these for me because I was afraid I'd somehow fall over the railing that came up to my shoulder. Logical, I know.  It was fun catching up with some of our close friends and even work people I don't see very often!  That is the extent of my X-Games participation though...


{love the view from the top floor of his office.  it never gets old!}


{two}

I'm looking forward to a quiet weekend!  A little pool, perhaps? {summer is definitely here, it has hit 95* and no telling what it actually feels like with the humidity.}  Texas is hosting Houston in Austin for one of the NCAA Super Regional, so I hope to make an appearance at one of the games!  Definitely rooting for Texas since Baylor unfortunately didn't make it that far this year.

{last weekend's pool party.  I'm LOVING the Ban.do products lately.  They're so fun and girly -- perfect for summertime!}


{three}

So remember when I planted that little flower garden on my porch?  Yeah, it all died.  Scott's sister, Morgan, noticed when we were pooling it up last weekend and showed up at my front door Sunday afternoon with new plants to plant!  She made sure they were a little more heat resistant!  One is a hibiscus and I'm not sure what the other two are -- one has pretty pink flowers and the other ivy looking plant has pretty blue/purple ones.  Once they both start blooming, I'll take an updated pic!  I'm hopeful these stay alive a little bit easier, although I'm wondering if it's because I only have morning sun and it has been overcast in the mornings the last 2 weeks. Trial and error!  By the time I have my own house, maybe I will have a green thumb!



{four}

So y'all know I'm obsessed with Game of Thrones.  To let you know, I have caught up and nearly had a heart attack at the end of last week's episode.  I've also heard from 3 people that the books are AMAZING.  Adding them to my already long list of books to read!  But, this was floating around in the internet today.  Peter Dinklage's{aka Tyiron Lannister} high school yearbook photo.  Holy, mullet!  But this totally made my day!  Whether you watch Game of Thrones or not, I'm sure you've seen him in something {South Pole Elf, perhaps? ha!} so I hope you enjoy that as much as I did!

{five}



It wouldn't be a Five on Friday without mentioning theSkimm!  We all need to know top US & world stories, but sometimes don't have the time to browse the news. So why not get them in a quick, smart and witty morning email?  You won't regret it and I guarantee it will be your new morning obsession!  Sign up today!  

1 comment:

  1. Whoa!! What awesome views in the first two pictures! That's basically a free pass to the x games. Pretty cool! :)

    I'm stopping by from the link up! I hope you have a fabulous weekend!

    ReplyDelete