Monday, June 9, 2014

Weekend Update

I know I say this every Monday, but where did the weekend go? The rain is coming here in Austin, which would make this the perfect day to finish watching Season 2 of Orange is the New Black, but here I am at my desk instead. :)

Friday:

After leaving work I came home then grabbed dinner at a favorite Mexican restaurant, Maudie's, before coming home to begin Season 2 of OITNB!

Saturday:

It was a slow start to the morning but around noon we headed to a lakeside bar for lunch and watch the Longhorns take on Houston in the NCAA Super Regionals! I love the Bevo Teas (think Texas Tea but with a little orange served in a giant mason jar. You only need one and you're basically set for the day. I still think they're wonderful but that may be because I didn't get my share of them in college since I didn't attend UT :)) All in all, it was a successful lunch because UT is going to Omaha! 


(Accidental filter on Scott's phone-does anyone know how that happens??)

Then it was time to go watch Scott's boss play in the championship match in his tennis league. It was way hot (I've got an awesome sunburn/tan line to prove it) but so fun! Unfortunately he didn't win, but it defnintely inspired me to pick up my racket again! I wonder if those lessons I had as a child will come back easily like riding a bike? We will find out!



We closed the evening having dinner at Takoba with Scott's old roomie and his girlfriend. She even brought her 4 month old black lab, Dixie! We had a blast catching up and are now in the midst of planning a summer getaway to Fredericksburg. Can't wait for wine tours and now distillery tours, too!

Sunday:

We were up in time for church, and then ran some typical Sunday errands. Afterwards I wish I could say we were productive but it was more watching OITNB (we are only 6 episodes through the season and I hear it only gets better!) and making dinner at home before it was Game of Thrones time!

Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment