Wednesday, January 15, 2014

What I'm Loving Wednesday


It's National Skimm Day! If you're looking for a quick and easy way to catch-up on the morning headlines, subscribe now to get your daily news fix! Seriously informative with my kind of humor thrown in. It's definitely the best part of my morning.  You can thank me later.

Vacation planning

As I mentioned, Scott and I are in the works of planning a European getaway. I studied abroad in London with Brittany in 2007, and this is Scott's first time to go overseas. Flights are booked and now working to plan the rest. TripAdvisor has been a lifesaver but also accepting suggestions for London, The Netherlands and Munich. (Don't worry, Brittany, London is basically mapped out and includes a meal-but likely more than one-at Wagamama and the Texas Embassy.)

Award season

This is one of my fave times of the year! Definitely brightens up the end of winter months! The Golden Globes were a success -- and has inspired us to catch some of the nominated movies over the next couple of months. Looking forward to the Oscar nominations tomorrow.  Since I haven't really seen any of the movies yet, I'm not sure who to root for to be nominated.  I always enjoy predicting who will win, so hopeful I'll see many of the movies before the Oscars in March! 

And better late than never...my best and worst from the Golden Globes:

Tie for Best:  Lupita Nyong'o in Ralph Lauren
Photo from E! Online by Jordan Strauss/Invision/AP

Cate Blanchett in Armani
Photo from E! Online by Jason Merritt/Getty Images

Worst:  Lena Dunham in Zac Posen.  Think she's so wonderful but yellow isn't a great color on you...
Photo from E! Online by Jason Merritt/Getty Images


And I leave you with these because most have given me a great laugh over the last couple of days:




1 comment:

  1. I am so jealous you're going to Europe! It won't be the same without me, though! Can't wait to see pics!

    ReplyDelete