Monday, April 7, 2014

Weekend Recap

My unintentional blog hiatus was due to a crazy work schedule and the fact I was a bit uninspired.  I'm going to blame winter lasting longer than usual... :) 

Friday:

I was FINALLY able to see a show on the outdoor stage at Stubbs.  It didn't disappoint!  The opener, Cody Canada and The Departed was fabulous!  I was so heartbroken when Cross Canadian Ragweed broke up a few years ago, and they started to redeem themselves when they created a new band. Now that I've seen them live, I've fallen in love again!  Most of their new stuff is still relatively unknown, but they definitely busted out some CCR hits (Alabama, anyone!?  High school at it's finest.)  Scott even caught one of the drummer's drumstick when it was thrown into the audience at the end of the set.

Turnpike Troubadours was also a blast.  They put on a great show and I highly recommend seeing them live!

{Turnpike Troubadours}


Saturday:

I was up early for a Junior League placement advising session.  I feel it was somewhat productive and have the rest of the week to figure out what placements to select for next year....still don't really have a clue.

The best part about that was that it was at the mall!  Loft was having 50% store wide, and I had a $200 AT&T rewards card from renewing my service another year, so free clothes for me!  I was able to get:
this top, this topthis skirt, a pair of shorts, and one more shirt that is no longer online.  Loft is still having an extra 40% off sale items today, so hop on over and have a little Monday retail therapy!

The rest of the day was literally the epitome of laziness.  3 hour nap, lots of TV time, and more TV time...{hey, it was cloudy/rain was on it's way weather!}

Sunday:

Scott and I braved the rainy weather and went to the Baylor vs. Texas baseball game!  Although Baylor lost, it was a BLAST and reminds me just how much I love baseball. {even the girls behind me who kept asking the difference between a ball and a strike and thought the pitchers sitting in the bull pin were the bad players couldn't ruin it for me!}  I'm hopeful we'll get to attend a couple more games before the season is over!


{wearing his burnt orange and me in green and gold!}



That evening we had a relaxing dinner at his parents house.  Great food, conversation and even flipped through some Europe pics! Recap on the trip to come!

And before I go, happy, happy birthday to my BFF and new mama, Brittany! I hope you have the best day ever!


{2007 Trevi Fountain.  Still waiting for that return trip!}


Have a great week! xo!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for the birthday wishes and the cute pic! Ahhh, let's go back now!

    ReplyDelete