Monday, April 28, 2014

Weekend Update

Good morning!  How is it already Monday again!?  The weekends seem to fly by quicker and quicker these days...

Friday:
A group of us went to see Vampire Weekend at Stubbs. Although I don't listen to them all that often, I will say they put on one fabulous show.  They are great entertainers live!  Scott loves them and was pretty much having the time of his life.  It was also so fun to catch up with some of the other girlfriends!


 {the gang before the show}



Saturday:
Attended Scott's family reunion out in Winchester.  Coming from such a tiny family {seriously, it's like an entire family reunion at each of our holidays...10-12 max...} attending his family events are so fun!  With around 50 people in attendance, we had great food, conversation and enjoyed the spring weather!  It's also fun to get out of the city and help feed the cows and hang out in the barn on his grandparents land.

{me and Morgan outside of the ice cream parlor.  this town is the cutest!}

Sunday:
My parents came in town on their way back from a wedding in Fredericksburg.  Scott and I took them to the Midway Food Park near the apartment -- seriously, food trailers are the best.  There were around 7 to choose from and we sampled a bit of everything from tacos, to a lobster roll, to fried artichokes.  I love this location because of all the tables covered by large umbrellas, a stage for live music coming in the summer, a playground for kids and it's dog friendly and BYOB!  This was totally up my dad's alley and he's already scheming on how to make something like that happen back home...


My parents and I did a little shopping and had a relaxing afternoon.  That evening we had dinner with at Scott's parents house -- it was his mom's birthday!  With the family reunion the day before, his grandparents and aunt and uncle also came so I loved introducing my parents to them.  His dad put on a great party.  He grilled some outstanding burgers, we played some Mexican Bingo {Scott & I won 2 bottles of wine and a Costco-sized jar of picked okra.  At least we weren't Morgan's boyfriend who won a sack of potatoes and a sack of garlic that would probably last me the rest of my life!  Can't say the prizes were boring.  Ha!} and had some great conversation.  The birthday cake was fabulous, too!  I'm bummed I didn't get any photos, as their backyard is PERFECT for entertaining and is so gorgeous.  I'm still so full this morning.........

Have a great week! xo!

No comments:

Post a Comment