Tuesday, October 23, 2012

pink and gold

I grew up taking ballet from the time I was three all the way through high school.  I wanted to be a ballerina when I was little.  There was something magical about the elegance and gracefulness of the dancers telling a story.  It was like being transported to another world full of wonder and glamour.  {anyone up for attending the Nutcracker with me in December??}

Clearly, I didn't grow up to be a ballerina, but I continue to be inspired by the same things I loved about ballet when I was younger, but in a more sophisticated way.  I always tend to gravitate to those soft, calming colors of ballet pink and and the bright, shiny gold, similar to the stage lights.  In fact, those are the colors I chose to decorate with in my current apartment.

Ballets are a comfort thing for me.  The colors make me feel at home.  And I was in need of a bit of comfort today.  So I started browsing ballerina photos...which gravitated towards home inspiration photos. {cannot redecorate my apartment...using the same colors.  hold me accountable, please?}

Just wanted to pass a few along {you're welcome for narrowing them down!} and I even used some of the below as my own inspiration:







 
ruffled blog

No comments:

Post a Comment