Monday, October 7, 2013

Weekend Update

Wow!  This weekend really flew by.

Although it was a pretty low key weekend, it was still a great one.

Friday:

Had dinner at a small Italian restaurant, Milano Cafe, (it's BYOB and we definitely took advantage of that) -- it was great food with a lovely cozy, off-the-beaten path atmosphere.  Needless to say, with the wine, it was an early night for us. :)

Saturday:

I didn't even leave the house all day.  With ACL going on near my apartment (I could hear some of the music at times!), I didn't want to deal with all the crowds and extra traffic on a Saturday.  It gave me a chance to catch up on my DVR, clean out my closet (you're welcome, sister!) and take care of some things around the apartment I seem to neglect during the week.  I also started Scandal -- I know I'm a little late to the party here but it really is SO GOOD.  The first two seasons are on Netflix -- I'm a couple episodes into the second season and I cannot wait to see what happens!  I also watched my Baylor Bears DOMINATE West Virginia!  It was the first time I had actually watched them play and I'm so, so impressed and proud of them!

Sunday:

I was up early (thanks to the storm that blew in during the early morning -- thunder that rattles everything on my walls?  That so rarely happens these days!) and took my time getting ready for church.  Church was fabulous as usual but I was LOVING the cool, crisp morning!  I can't wait for that kind of weather to stick around permanently!  The rest of the day was spent running errands and taking in the nice weather.  I did venture out to the grocery store that evening and saw this lovely wine display.  As the only picture on this post, I feel it's very appropriate as it's so creepy/hilarious, it deserves to be front and center:

Whatever helps you sell wine.  I didn't buy that wine though-- I jumped, took a quick photo and promptly walked to check out...

Sunday night routine was as usual -- made dinner with Scott and we watched Sideways (has anyone else seen it?? It was strange yet had some hilarious parts.  Overall, I enjoyed it!) while drinking a special bottle of 2001 Matanzas Creek Proprietors Blend.

Hard to believe it's already Monday!  Have a great week!


No comments:

Post a Comment